Tuesday 2 October 2012

New Stuff We Dig


Tuesday 2nd October


It is a very rare occasion I am really impressed.

I either suffer from a ridiculous superiority complex, or I have really high standards when it comes to music. I guess it has a lot to do with my history, a family immersed in classical music, where everyone learned an instrument. Coming from that background it's very hard to accept rubbish which is in no way musical whatsoever.

The first time I heard Swallow The Sun I was impressed with their peculiar, yet familiar, take on the death/doom sound. That album was their 2007 effort "Hope". The melodic yet brutish urgency of this work surprised me, and I became a fan instantly. I was equally awe struck with their follow up album "New Moon" of 2009, having come to the predetermined assumption that, like all bands who release really good albums, the next effort would be a waste of time. more

No comments:

Post a Comment